In this podcast, Justin Burniske chats with Rhea Steele, Chief Operating Officer of DECA Inc. on how to strategically implement new software systems at your association and how to successfully facilitate the change management that occurs with the implementation of systems.
Here are some helpful resources that Rhea shares in this episode:
- Switch: How to Change Things When Change is Hard by Chip Heath and Dan Heath for Change Management
- American Society of Association Executives (ASAE) for association management and technology resources
Rhea Steele is DECA’s Chief Operating Officer, bringing over 14 years of association, non-profit, and education experience to the role. Prior to Joining DECA, Rhea held roles as Chief Operating Officer at the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation and Director of Information Technology and Operations at the Council of Chief State School Officers where she aligned operational activities to achieve strategic goals while cultivating formal and informal avenues for idea generation and incubation. Rhea is an engaged member of the American Society of Association Executives (ASAE), where she serves on the Technology Section Council, and previously served as Chair of the National Capital Advisory Council. She is a public board member of the National Architectural Accrediting Board where she serves on multiple committees. The Association Forum and USAE named her a Forty Under 40 award winner in 2016, she was honored in 2017 as Association TRENDS Young and Aspiring Association Professional, and in 2019 was recognized by DCA Live as an association innovator. She has presented and written extensively about culture change, process improvement, strategic visioning, ethics, governance, and the future of work. Rhea has a Master’s of Science in Museum Studies and a Bachelors of Arts in Anthropology and Studio Arts from the University of Colorado at Boulder.
Music featured in the podcast is Royalty Free Music from Bensound.
Latest posts by Justin Burniske (see all)
- PODCAST: Blockchain for Associations: Separating the Hype from the Promise - September 12, 2019
- PODCAST: Strategic Implementations of New Systems at Your Association - April 15, 2019
- Six Musts Around Onboarding Staff to Your Customer Database - March 13, 2019