Avectra netForum Pro Single Sign On
The Avectra netForum Team & Pro Authentication plug-in allows customers in the netForum Team & Pro database to log into a Joomla site based on their web login and password. The authentication works with Avectra xWEB and SSO web services.
The membership status is checked on every login by the user. The netForum SSO token for netForum is stored in the session making it possible to create web links that will allow Joomla users to seamlessly login to netForum without having to enter their credentials a second time.
|You must be Logged in to download this file. Login using the form on the right or register for an account if you don't have one (only takes a minute!)|
- Navigating to Extensions -> Plug-in Manager ->Authentication - Avectra NetForum SSO
- Configure the values for the following
- Avectra SSO URL - The URL for the netForum SSO web service
- Avectra xWeb URL - The URL of the xWeb web service
- Avectra xWeb Username
- Avectra xWeb Password
- Sandbox Environment * - Set this to true if you are using the NetForum sandbox environment. User emails are different in the sandbox, which are incompatible with what Joomla will accept.
3. Enable the plug-in and save the settings
Now users should be able to logon to your Joomla website using Avectra netForum Team credentials. THere are a couple of PHP session variable available
- $_SESSION['user_netforum_sso'] is the SSO token that can be used to create Hyperlinks to NetForum which will enable users to move between Joomla and NetForum without having to login twice
- $_SESSION['user_netforum_memberFlag'] * - is set to True if the User is a NetForum member. This can be used to further prohibit users from seeing certain content in Joomla. We have other plug-ins that synchronize Joomla groups based on the users membership status in NetForum. Feel free to contact us if you want these additional plug-ins.